Facebook Ads - A complete guide
Nowadays Facebook is not limited to a messaging tool. Rather it has expanded itself into an advertising platform. It has the largest users across the globe with 2.85 billion active monthly users.
With Facebook advertisement, you can do market research get customer feedback better conversion rates to your campaigns.
Table of contents
What is Facebook Advertising?
Types of Facebook Advertising
What is Facebook lead ads?
Benefits of Facebook lead ads.
How to advertise on Facebook?
What is Facebook Advertising?
Earlier, the source of advertisement was radio and newspaper. With the digital revolution, people started spending more time online.
This led to the emergence of many social media platforms. Facebook was one of them. Facebook became a popular medium to socialize online. Rapidly it became a platform to promote your business, sell business products/services, and so on.
At the same time, Facebook advertisement became one of the best ways to market your services.
Facebook ads are paid Advertisement. You can make a personalized ad and publish it on Facebook.
Types of Facebook advertisement
There are two types of ads. Free ads and Paid ads. With free ads, you can reach a limited audience. But paid ads will give exposure to the target audience.
Types of Facebook Ads are-
1. Image Ads
This is a simple form of Ad. You can create it by boosting an existing image post. People like to see visual content. Try to make that ad visually attractive to the audience.
2. Video Ads
Video consumption has increased a lot in the last few years. That’s why video ad has a chance to reach the maximum audience. Facebook video ads appear in News Feed and stories.
If you can make an engaging video that can either inform or entertain, there are chances people will share it with others.
3. Carousel Ads
These ads are best if you want to share the benefit and different types of products/services your company offers. If you have lengthy content then use carousel ads. Make sure to write ad content in small points and make is visually attractive.
4. Poll ads
The best way to get someone’s attention is to ask a question. Poll ads are interactive ads. Usually, poll ads, a question with two or more options are attached to an image or video. Poll ads are best if you want to do market research and want to get customer feedback.
5. Slideshow ads
You can make eye-catching ads with slideshow ads. You can make ads in video format and a collection of images format as well. Choose impressive font, layer, and design of the ad to make it look engaging and attractive.
6. Lead Ads
These types of ads are limited only to mobile devices. So that people can give their content information easily. As most people use mobile phones these days. At the same time, people use Facebook more on mobile phones. Then lead ads are one of the best ad types.
7. Augmented reality Ads
It has interesting features like filters and animation. These features will make your ad interactive to the audience.
If you want to grow your audience, then this is the best feature for you. Your audience can create selfies by using your filters.
What is Facebook lead ads?
Facebook lead ads allow you to take your potential client's name, email- id, and phone number in a form.
It’s the best way to collect potential clients’ details, who are partially interested in your company’s products/services.
These people may not clink on the website link which may take them to a different landing page. But they may fill the form which is on their Facebook feed, messenger, and stories section.
This way you will provide them good user experience. As they don’t have to leave their Facebook activities just to fill a form on another landing page.
Benefits of Facebook Ads
- User-friendly- One of the benefits of Facebook ads is you can take the clients' information in an auto-generated form. So, you will not disturb clients’ UX. As your lead will stay on Facebook instead of redirecting to another platform.
- Mobile-Friendly- Most people use Facebook through their mobile phones. The Facebook leads are made in a way that, you can see the ad clearly on any device whether it is a mobile phone or laptop/computer. Thus, they can fill the lead form without any issue.
- Easy Data Collection- Facebook is beneficial for advertisers and the viewer/potential client as well. As you can get the required information without the need to create a separate landing page.
- Target the right audience- Facebook Ad leads to show your ad to a relevant audience. It means they are already qualified as potential leads. This may increase the chance to convert that potential lead into a buyer.
How to advertise on Facebook Ads?
If you have a business page then through Facebook ads manager you can create a Facebook ad.
1. Have an objective
When you open Facebook Ads Manager, go to the campaigns tab. Then you can click create and start a new Facebook ad campaign.
Facebook will show you 11 marketing objectives. Choose objectives according to your business goal.
These objectives are-
- Brand Awareness- If you want people to get aware of your company’s brand.
- Reach- If you want your ad must reach maximum people.
- Traffic- If you want traffic to your Facebook page, website, and app.
- Engagement- If you want people to like, share, comment, buy any offer, attend your event or webinar.
- App Instalment- If you want people to install your app.
- Video Views- If you want more people to watch your video.
- Lead Generation- If you want to get new potential leads.
- Messages- If you want people to contact you by using Facebook messenger.
- Conversions- If you want people to subscribe or follow a Facebook page or website.
- Catalogue Sales- If you want to connect Facebook Ads to as a form of a product catalogue.
- Store traffic- If you want people to visit your store.
2. Have a Campaign
Choose a campaign name. You can choose the main keywords related to your business product/services.
You can also choose whether to turn on budget optimization. This will help you if you want to run multiple ad sets.
Then click next.
3. Have a budget and schedule
On the top screen, you will see the name of your ad set and you can choose which ad to promote.
Then, you can decide the budget of your Facebook ad campaign. There are two types of budgets, one is daily and another is lifetime budget. Then choose a start and end date of the ad to schedule.
4. Build and target your audience
You can choose your target audiences’ age, gender, and language. When you are making selections then have a look at the audience size indicator on the right screen. This will give you an idea of your potential ad reach.
5. Choose Facebook Ad placement
Choose where you want your ad to appear. If you are a beginner then you can choose Automatic Placements.
By choosing this, Facebook will put your ads on different platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Messenger automatically.
For more specifications you can choose the following:
- Device- Phone and computers/laptops both.
- Platform- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, etc.
- Placement- in the feed, stories, articles, apps, and sites eternal to Facebook.
6. Choose brand safety and cost controls
Choosing brand safety will help you save your ad from any type of inappropriate content.
You can add specific block lists to avoid sensitive content.
Finally, you can click next.
7. Make your Ad
Choose an ad format for your ad. The ad may vary according to the campaign objective. Then you can enter your content.
You can choose various options according to your need like video, slideshow, or just a post.
Then choose the preview option to see whether you want to make any changes. Finally, click the Publish button and launch your ad.
If you have a business whether it is online or in physical form, having an online presence is a must. At the same time with competition all around it has become necessary to put some extra effort to get consumers' attention. Facebook advertisement is one the best way to sell your products/services online. As the number of Facebook users is increasing day by day.